Mechatronic Engineer Internship
Bring Leapfrog 3D Printer’s printing capabilities to the next level
Leapfrog 3D printers is looking for a Mechatronic Engineering Intern to work with the team to propel the company to the next level. You will be testing new hardware features and developing new concepts for improvement of the printer. Your understanding of electronic and mechanical architecture will be challenged to the max.
Who are we
Leapfrog 3D Printers is a 3D printer manufacturer situated in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. In 2012, Leapfrog 3D Printers entered the market with one of the first ‘plug and play’ 3D printers. Growing explosively from day one, we aim to maintain the front-runner position in advanced 3D printing technology today and are currently focused on providing high-end solutions for our professional client base.
Our company is a fast pacing multidisciplinary team. The quickly developing 3D printing market requires motivated and capable minds, dedicated to taking Leapfrog 3D Printers to the next level.
Who are you
We are looking for an eager and bright mind who isn’t afraid to go head on towards difficult situations. This includes:
- A student in the area of Mechatronics, Robotics, Applied Computer Sciences or similar
- An interest in electronics, 3D printing, and similar technology
- Excellent English or Dutch communication skills both written and verbal
- Being a team player
- Being a creative and courageous fresh-thinker with a multitude of unique ideas and the determination to make a difference
- Being representative, with an enthusiastic personality
- Being result driven and have a hands-on mentality
- Extra experience counts!
During your internship you will:
- Come up with innovative ideas
- Work together with Leapfrog’s R&D team
- Leapfrog is extending the capabilities of its own design controller board. You will work on the implementation of the new board, testing and providing feedback
- Identify possible improvements in the design and operation
- Work on testing and increasing maximum speeds of the processor and motors
- Work on the implementation of RFID technology on our 3D printer Bolt Pro
- Work analytically towards solving issues and reaching targets
- Work on your assigned project for minimal 3 months, full time presence at our workplace in Alphen a/d Rijn
What we offer
You will be a key player in our engineering team and will have a great deal of freedom in your project. In addition, we offer:
- A young, enthusiastic and international team;
- Your job is one big adventure with new challenges every day
- A full range of development opportunities and your own area of responsibility
- Good compensation and upside potential tied to company success.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated.