Mechanical Engineering Internship
Bring Leapfrog 3D Printer’s printing capabilities to the next level
Leapfrog 3D printers is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Intern to work with the team to propel the company to the next level.
We are working on a next generation of its flagship Bolt Pro. Several major upgrades need to be implemented and tested. Your hands-on help is needed as well as your design capabilities in Solidworks.
Who are we
Leapfrog 3D Printers is a 3D printer manufacturer situated in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. In 2012, Leapfrog 3D Printers entered the market with one of the first ‘plug and play’ 3D printers. Growing explosively from day one, we aim to maintain the front-runner position in advanced 3D printing technology today and are currently focused on providing high-end solutions for our professional client base.
Our company is a fast pacing multidisciplinary team. The quickly developing 3D printing market requires motivated and capable minds, dedicated to taking Leapfrog 3D Printers to the next level.
Who are you
We are looking for an eager and bright mind who isn’t afraid to go head on towards difficult situations. This includes:
- A student in the area of Engineering,Mechatronics, Robotics, Applied Computer Sciences or similar
- An interest in electronics, 3D printing, and similar technology
- Excellent English or Dutch communication skills both written and verbal
- Being a team player
- Being a creative and courageous fresh-thinker with a multitude of unique ideas and the determination to make a difference
- Being representative, with an enthusiastic personality
- Being result driven and have a hands-on mentality
- Extra experience counts!
During your internship you will:
- Come up with innovative ideas
- Test new hardware features such as automatic bed leveling
- Work on developing new ideas, designing and implementing improvements on our flagship 3D Printer Bolt Pro
- Improve assembly and calibration procedures
- Work on maximizing print volume within the available confines of the current outside covers
- Work together with Leapfrog’s R&D team
- Work analytically towards solving issues and reaching targets
- Work on your assigned project for minimal 3 months, full time presence at our workplace in Alphen a/d Rijn.
What we offer
You will be a key player in our engineering team and will have a great deal of freedom in your project. In addition, we offer:
- A young, enthusiastic and international team;
- Your job is one big adventure with new challenges every day
- A full range of development opportunities and your own area of responsibility
- Good compensation and upside potential tied to company success.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated.